Friday, October 13, 2023

Balloon Week

 

Balloon week has brought near-perfect weather to Burque.

It is a week that invites us all to be a child again.

It is a chance to appreciate this place we call home.

Stressed? Angry?

Try this – go outside to get a glimpse of one or hundreds of hot air balloons. Let go and let the balloons take you to a better place.

Or even better, try chasing one to see if you can follow it to its place of landing.

 ~~~

Balloon week is special in our house as my parents often come from Baltimore to enjoy time with us. They take a balloon that says “Southwest Airlines” on its side, one that actually has steering on board. 

The week with them is always a full one.

 A meal or two at Frontier. Time in the Bosque, biking and hiking. 

And lots of balloon mornings and an occasional balloon glow evening.

The balloons become the backdrop for lots of quality family time and a chance to slow down.

Mom and dad, thank you for being our best part of balloon week!

A morning with mom and dad this week on a perfect balloon morning


1 comment:

  1. It's been a pleasure meeting your parents. I must agree that balloons are a form of therapy. I love to watch them drift. I myself find myself much calmer and very relaxed. October is the best month for me, beginning with my birthday, cross country season, Balloon Fiesta, autumn colors, and cooler weather!!

    ReplyDelete