I walked into the exam room, greeted by a spry elder in her 80s.
“How is your health?” I asked.
“It is getting old”, she replied with a smile.
Notice, she wasn’t admitting to being old or to getting old
herself.
It was her health that was aging.
A sneaky semantic twist. And off we went into conversating
and laughing together. Officially, it was her doctor’s visit.
So, I ask you to consider this morning the same question.
How is your health?
Sit with that question before coming up with any words or
answers.
How is your health?
Mental and emotionally, where are you? Physically?
Spiritually?
How is your health?
Now, if you feel moved to write about it, draw it out, or
share with someone close to you, go for it.
And feel free to channel your inner comedian and take the
lead of our elder – sometimes, laughing a bit at life is the best antidote for helping
us move forward.
Aging is all about gravity, its keeps getting a bit more intense over time. I keep looking for the dial to turn it down, but can't remember where it is.
ReplyDeleteT.