Sunday, April 5, 2020

The idea - writing to heal.

As we began this road into pandemic world, I knew that writing would be part of my loving response. I didn't know exactly what form it would take, but I knew that it would take me to places I need to go.

I sit each Wednesday night, after the 4 little ones and my wife have gone to bed and trust that something will come. No notes to study, no drawn out plan for the piece, but simply a prayerful sense that what is meant to come out will emerge.

My hope is that this blog inspires in some very specific ways.
1) In the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, I hope these words will bring true healing to a planet united in its suffering and grieving.
1a) May the structure of these writings on a weekly basis can serve to remind that structuring our life for healing in this moment is critical - movement, spirituality, journaling, art, humor, etc - build the structures that will allow you to heal through this pandemic.
2) I pray that the words themselves are meaningful for those who read them. Not meaningful in an academic way, but in a way that inspires people to action in a loving way toward self, family, neighbors, community, Mother Earth and this world.
3) I hope this will inspire readers to find their own gifts toward healing, and for those whose gifts are "asleep", hidden under the surface and collecting dust, I hope this will inspire them to awaken, come out of hiding, and becoming living/breathing elements in your lives, for this world.

Anthony Fleg, M.D./M.P.H. 
University of New Mexico 
(Dept of Family and Community Medicine and College of Population Health)Native Health Initiative (and NHI's Running Medicine program)
Proud Daddy

p.s. Please share the pieces from this blog with your own families and communities. I only ask that they not be published in online, print or other media without my permission.

Contact info: Email - afleg@salud.unm.edu; NHI website - www.lovingservice.us; Running Medicine - https://runningmedicine.org; Social media - not on it :) 






No comments:

Post a Comment