Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Appreciating Our Journey (+ Ourselves)

sometimes life,

when you look ahead

is a

long

endless

gray

expanse


sometimes in those moments,

the best, most important

first

step

is to recognize where you have been

where you have come from

the huge

courageous journey

just to get

to standing

right where you are



I had the incredible honor of putting my feet into the grandest of canyons this past weekend. This video was inspired by the long descent down a switchback section of South Kaibab Trail. It may be hard to see this in the clip above, but above me, as I reflected on where I had come from in the previous 15 minutes, is a winding trail of people dotting the trail. A reminder of how much work I had done just to get to where I was standing.

A few more pics from the adventure to share, hoping they inspire and inject beauty into your day.


Beauty in All Directions!


After 14 hours of running, the last 4 of which was a constant uphill (Bright Angel Trail) being greeted by your family and friends at the top is an amazing gift!

p.s. If you need more Grand Canyon beauty in your life today, click here for a similar blog from 2022.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful poem and accompanying video. Sounds like there was Lots of medicine in the weekend excursion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As wonderful as this is. You have many more running adventures ahead of you to help inspire us on our journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely. I've had a similar experience in the Grand Canyon. You look up from the trail after a while and you can't believe how far you've come. I've had a similar experience in life, also. 😉

    ReplyDelete